- 500g chicken tenders
- 2 small cos lettuce (can also use Gem, Butter or similar lettuces)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp Plenty “Heart Smart” Safflower Oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 20g garlic, chopped finely
- 1 large chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Plenty “Heart Smart” Safflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Plenty Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard (your favourite kind)
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ cup mind leaves, roughly chopped
- Whisk together marinade in a large bowl, add chicken and fold through gently, making sure all the meat is coated evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Soak a bunch of bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes, then thread a piece of chicken onto each skewer, enough to finish the marinated batch. Mix grill and salad dressings in separate bowls or jars and set aside.
- Then, on a hot grill pan or BBQ, cook skewers for about 5 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Brush with grill dressing as each one comes off the heat, then plate onto a large serving dish and set aside.
- While the skewers are cooking, plate lettuce leaves with a slice of avocado onto the centre of each, (like little lettuce cups) onto a large serving plate and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Serve skewers and lettuce cups together and encourage people to make little lettuce cup wraps by layering the skewer to the centre of the lettuce and avocado, then removing the skewer and folding lettuce around the chicken.