- 200g carrots, julienned and pickled (optional, see tips for instructions)
- 125g vermicelli style rice noodles, prepared as per pack instructions.
- 2 avocados, halved, skin and seed removed
- 2 baby cos lettuce, washed and quartered
- 150g rocket
- 200g black beans
- 1 golden shallot, finely sliced
- 250g green papaya, shredded
- 200g cucumber, halved and sliced on an angle
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- *60g toasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Plenty Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely grated, to taste
*You can buy toasted pistachios, but you can also toast them yourself. Buy shelled, unsalted and gently pan fry until lightly toasted.
NOTE: Prep time above assumes that you have made your carrot pickles ahead of time. If not, allow 2 hours to soak. See recipe in “Tips”.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well, set aside and allow it to sit at room temperature while mixing the salad. This makes sure the sugar has time to dissolve and ingredient flavours to blend.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all salad ingredients except for noodles, avocado and cos lettuce. Gently toss and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl drizzle a few tablespoons of the salad dressing through the noodles and toss well. Plate a nest of noodles onto four plates, add a quarter of cos to each plate, then the mixed salad, dividing evenly onto each plate. Finish with a half avocado on each plate.
- Drizzle generous amounts of dressing across the salad, lettuce, and avocado. Finish with plenty more Avocado Oil.
You can find Plenty Avocado Oil in store at Woolworths.