- 1 cup brown rice
- ⅓ cup Macadamia Oil
- 2 tbsns Safflower Oil for cooking rice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 800g (yellow) sweet potato
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced thickly
- 1 tbsn pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsn fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cook the brown rice in a medium sized saucepan filled with 1 and half cups water and 2 tbsns of the Safflower oil and salt over medium heat until tender and cooked.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thick slices and halve the large carrots lengthwise.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, cinnamon, cumin and black pepper with Macadamia oil.
- Add the sweet potatoes, carrots and onions to the bowl with the spices and oil mixture.
- Arrange the carrots, sweet potatoes and onions on the baking tray.
- Roast vegetables, turning occasionally for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- To serve, lay out the brown rice on your serving platter, and arrange the vegetables on top.
- Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and sprinkle with parsely.
Author: Nazli Bashi, Instagram: @parionazi