- 2 large potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2cup Macadamia oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon oregano powder
- Salt and pepper
- A few green olives
- ¼ cup Macadamia Oil
- 2-4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes and the sweet potato into chunky pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, then drizzle with oil, sprinkle with one teaspoon of garlic powder and one teaspoon oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands for few times until veggies are evenly coated.
- Arrange the potatoes on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 20 min at 180°C
- Meanwhile cut the eggplant and zucchinis in chunky pieces as they cook fast. No need to peel them. Add them to the same mixing bowl. Now trim the red capsicum and cut into squares. Add the capsicum to the mixing bowl. Drizzle enough oil, sprinkle with one teaspoon garlic powder and one teaspoon oregano, then salt and pepper. Mix with your hands for few times.
- Once the potatoes have cooked 20 minutes, remove from oven, and place the rest of vegetables on top. Spread them out evenly. Return tray to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Then cut the tomatoes, again place in the same mixing bowl, and toss over the remaining oil and spices.
- Remove tray from oven and scatter the tomatoes on top. Return to oven for another 5 minutes. Then leave to cool.
- For the dressing, chop handful of basil leaves finely and add to a small bowl then add balsamic glaze, macadamia oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Once the vegetables have cooled down but still warm, add to the dressing and mix well until each piece is nicely coated.
- Serve the salad while it is warm. You may garnish the salad with basil leaves and few olives on top.
- It is best to peel the potatoes and sweet potato as they cook more evenly.
- Suggest chopping eggplant and zucchinis in chunky pieces to make them extra juicy.
- Adding eggplant, zucchinis, capsicum and onion after cooking the potatoes ensures that they wont get dry and we have a nice and juicy salad.
- Make sure to drizzle enough oil, sprinkle salt and pepper generously and add spices (as measured) then mix with your hands for few times to fully cover the veggies.
- I used macadamia oil for both tossing veggies and dressing as it gives a very nice nutty flavour to the salad. you may use other oils such as olive.
Author: Nazli Bashi, Instagram: @parionazi