- 400g sashimi grade snapper or other firm flesh white fish, skin, bones and bloodline removed, then cut into small to medium size cubes
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Plenty Macadamia Oil
- 2 limes, juice from both and zest from half
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or to taste)
- 1 each large green & red chillis, chopped finely, seeds removed
- 1 golden or red Asian shallot, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 2 large corn cobs, cut lengthways into quarters
- ¼ cup Plenty “Heart Smart” Safflower Oil
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp coriander, ground
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, toss corn ribs through Plenty “Heart Smart” Safflower Oil, coating well. Mix in spices and toss till all of the corn ribs are covered.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 25 – 30 minutes, turning every eight or so minutes until the corn is cooked golden.
- Salt just before serving.
- In a glass or ceramic mixing bowl, combine all ceviche ingredients except fish and coriander, mix together well. Then gently fold through fish, making sure each piece is well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes, or until fish is no longer opaque. Stir gently half way through the process to make sure each piece is “cooked” by the lime juice.
- Remove from refrigerator and gently fold through coriander and serve immediately with corn ribs
- Caution: your fish MUST be super fresh for this raw fish dish.
- Caution: You will need a very sharp, heavy knife to cut the corn in quarters, take care!