- 1 cup Heart Smart Safflower Cooking Oil
- 2 chicken breasts, flattened and crumbed
- 1 tbsp Heart Smart Safflower Cooking Oil
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced (e.g. buttons, shitakes, enoki)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, finely sliced
- ½ cup spring onions, finely sliced
- pinch salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat, add 1 cup of oil to the pan. When oil is hot lower in the crumbed chicken schnitzels
- Cook schnitzels for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip over the schnitzels over to cook the other side. When cooked, remove from pan and place on absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying-pan over high and add the remaining oil.
- Add mushrooms, chilies and capsicum, and sauté for approximately 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spring onions and sauté for another 30 seconds, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the schnitzel on top of the sautéed mushrooms and serve with your favourite sauce.