- 1.5 tbsp (30ml) Plenty olive oil
- 6g (approximately 2 tbsp) dried porcini mushrooms
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 250mL cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 500g gnocchi
- Truffle oil, to serve
- Micro-herbs, to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat. In a small bowl add porcini mushrooms and one-third of a cup of boiling water. Allow to soak.
2. Add sliced mushrooms and onion to olive oil. Sauté until soft and browned, approximately six minutes.
3. Add garlic and thyme and sauté for a further two minutes until fragrant.
4. Remove porcini mushrooms from the water and chop roughly. Add porcini mushrooms and soaking water to the pan and stir.
5. Add cream, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring sauce to a boil before reducing to a simmer. Allow sauce to reduce by one third – 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in salted, boiling water according to package instructions. Once cooked, remove\ and add straight to sauce
7. Toss to coat before dividing into four serves. Top with truffle oil, micro herbs and extra cracked black pepper.