1 box 500g Spaghetti No.5
- 200ml Plenty Macadamia Oil
- 4-5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 tins crushed or diced tomato
- 80 grams chopped capers
- 150-180 grams deli quality Kalamata olives, sliced
- 4-5 fillets chopped anchovies
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 120 g butter with 4-5 crushed garlic
- Put the oil in the pan and once lightly heated up, add the crushed garlic.
- Once the garlic sizzles off, add the tomatoes then stir and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer, then add capers and olives. Stir to mix together.
- While it’s simmering nicely, add the anchovy fillets. Stir to mix through.
- While the Puttanesca sauce is simmering, put together the garlic bread. Add the garlic and butter mixture to each side of the sliced sourdough bread. Then, put it in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the spaghetti. Boil the water, add a little pinch of salt then add the spaghetti sticks.
- Go back to the sauce, add the chopped parsley and oregano, then stir.
- Season with pepper and salt (not needed if mixture is already salty due to capers and anchovies.
- Add the spaghetti to the sauce in a serving platter and mix together.
Plenty Macadamia oil is available in store at Woolworths and Coles.