Avocado oil is an ultra rich oil and a delightful treasure containing high amounts of vitamin…
Cold pressing refers to oils obtained through pressing fruit or seeds with a modern steel press, such as those used at Plenty’s operation in Kingaroy, Queensland.
Although pressing produces heat through friction, the oilseeds are not precooked and consequently the oil is considered cold pressed – in contrast to large scale solvent extraction and refining operations which strip the oil of natural antioxidants, vitamins and flavour. The solvent extraction method is used to produce most common cooking oils found in supermarkets.
Cold pressed oils retain all their flavour, aroma, and nutritional value, making these oils great for cooking and skin care requirements. They contain zero grams of trans fatty acids and are naturally cholesterol-free.
It is important to note that both solvent extracted and cold pressed oils can be used in cosmetics and skin care, but only cold pressed will deliver goodness to the skin.
Cold Pressed Oils will provide a vital contribution to your healthier life:
- They are cholesterol free
- They are not refined, deodorized or processed in any way
- They do not contain harmful solvent residues
- Plenty Cold Pressed Oils contain no added chemicals or preservatives
- They contain natural antioxidants such as tocopherols (e.g. Vitamin E) and phosphatides (e.g. Lecithin)
- The natural flavour and odour is retained, enhancing your favourite recipes